27 December 2012

portugal: peniche

i took a bus from lisbon to a town called peniche...high season in peniche is summer, as it is very close to a few good surf spots...the town was very quiet when my bus arrived, but the weather was lovely, so i didn't mind...the ride from lisbon wasn't long, so i arrived mid morning...straightaway i bought a ticket to my next destination, then found my way to a hostel...
i think i was the only guest in the hostel, i had two beds in a room all to myself...woo hoo...with wifi and heat, i was happy as a clam...after getting myself settled, i headed out to wander around...
i started with what remains of the fortress walls that used to circle the town...parts of the walls are still in great condition...you can walk along the tops of parts of the walls, i loved it...
after the walls, i walked along the water...i loved it...for a while i just laid on the big rocks, soaking up the sun and listening to the waves...soooo peaceful:)
there was nothing else of note in peniche...i saw a beautiful sunset, my dinner was mediocre...
i only found one place in town that sold peniche postcards...







No comments: