12 July 2015

america: indiana: kokomo

I didn't take any photos in Kokomo. I don't know why, but I didn't.
I went with Kelley and Jon from mundelein to Kokomo, it's a 3-4hr drive, depending on road construction and such.
That night the three of us were joined by Kelleys parents and Anita and Chris for dinner. I met Anita and Chris during the Ireland trip. Kelley used to work with Anita, they have been friends for years and years and years. Great to catch up with everyone, and laugh. A LOT.
The next day, after a very slow wake up and breakfast on my part, Kelley and I hopped in the car with her mom. We did what I like to call the 'tour de sugar.' We visited four or five bakeries, I bought something at most of them. I had a brownie, two pies, a couple cookies, and more. I think everyone (including me) went into a sugar coma just looking at and smelling what I'd bought. The next time I go back I want to revisit some of those bakeries. For whateva reason, I've really been into pies for the last few months!
That afternoon all of us relaxed around the house, not doing anything in particular. It was lovely.
Dinner was also lovely. I don't remember what we ate, but I remember eating too much :)
The next morning we packed up and drove back to mundelein. I love spending time with Kelley's parents!

No comments: