01 March 2018

russia: moscow in February


As January ended with a lot of snow, the beginning of February continued with a lot of snow. I loved every minute, even if it meant I had to wear a hat all the time. (I hate wearing hats.) There were numerous days that I took photos in the park by my flat, on my way to the metro. It was definitely a winter wonderland.
Near the beginning of the month I spent a Saturday afternoon out at Izmailovo. The wind was blowing the snow every which way, and it was cold, but it was still fun for me. 
I took a heap of photos, and eventually went home with super red cheeks. There weren't many people out that day, probably due to the weather, I explored some areas I hadn't seen before.
Near the end of the first week in February is the birthday of the state museum system in Moscow, a day (or weekend,) on which entry is free for quite a few museums in the city. Claire and I planned a Friday evening meetup to go to the state history museum. We got there and discovered a huge queue of people, which was not exciting to see. (We have seen a number of these queues, each time there is a free museum Sunday.)
We ended up skipping the museum, and just going to dinner instead. We'd rather pay the entry fee, and not have to visit while the entire city was there with us.
My spring break was at the end of February, so it seems I did next to nothing in Moscow during the month.
March should provide more adventure :)

No comments: