15 December 2019

russia: moscow: chinese lantern festival



This post is just an excuse to post pretty pictures.


I met up with my friend Svetlana at Sokolniki park, to attend a festival.


The chinese lantern festival was scheduled to be in the park for three months, but I wanted to see it almost as soon as I heard about it.


The sign at the front of the festival said there were 40 something lanterns set up, though I'm not sure how they counted.


It was a cold night, but it was still worth wandering around for an hour or more, just to see all the different lanterns.


Some of the lanterns were more 'Chinese' while others were just there.


The entry fee was pretty steep, 700 rubles. That's as much as I've paid for big museums like the Hermitage!


I hope there is another festival like this one next year, I'd gladly go again.



No comments: