04 September 2016

ukraine: kyiv: ulichnaya eda food fest

Woo hoo, I finally get to write about something that happened close to my flat. 
I found out about a food fest that takes place near my metro station. It's a street food fest, it happens approximately monthly, with a different theme each time. 
I didn't know there was a theme, I didn't really know much of anything ahead of time, and didn't have many expectations. 
I walked to the fest from my flat, I think it was about 35 minutes of walking, maybe a little longer.
The entry fee was 70 griven,  (just under $3) I wasn't thrilled about that. I hate paying an entry fee for something where I'm going to spend more money to do anything inside the event. Argh. Anywho. 
I was quite impressed with this fest. It was much bigger than I expected, and well set up. 
I decided to walk around the entire area to find out what was available before buying anything, it took me a while. (Also because I took random photos while moseying.) 
There were a number of Mexican options, kebabs, drinks, donuts, burgers, etc... I found out later that the theme was Mexican, which explained all the quesadillas and burritos available. 
I ended up having some slices of meat on a pita with tomatoes and lettuce, mussels, donuts, and a drink. I came away wishing I'd arrived earlier so I would've had more time to eat more, and find space in my stomach for all of it. 
I can't wait for the next fest, I will be sure to attend both days, and get there earlier in the day :)

No comments: