29 November 2018

russia: moscow: the Kremlin and Bulgari jewels



Welcome to another walkabout Wednesday. 


Since there are a million and a half museums in Moscow, it makes sense that many of them have temporary exhibitions.


The Kremlin in central Moscow is a sight worth seeing all on its own, but but it is not just a bunch of churches and a small garden. 


It's a museum as well. 


I'm not sure when I heard about it, but I knew there was a temporary exhibition by Bulgari. 


The exhibit was showing lots of different pieces of jewelry in a couple rooms of different buildings in the Kremlin.


To see the jewels, I had to pay the regular entrance fee to the Kremlin, but nothing extra. I followed the signs, the exhibit wasn't hard to find.


Basically this post is the chance to show pictures of shiny sparkly colourful things.


I'm not a fan of the snake pieces, though I can appreciate the artistry involved in their making.


Another thing I can appreciate: the number of people allowed in each of the rooms at any given time was regulated, so it never got too crowded. 


Granted, it was a Wednesday afternoon so I don't think it ever would've gotten that crowded, but on weekends the regulation is probably awesome.



No comments: