16 May 2019

russia: moscow and tulips



Finally, a Wednesday with good weather. A lot of the time I'm convinced that if I have the afternoon off it guarantees the weather will be awful.
I hopped on the metro back to the neighborhood in which I lived last year, as it was tulip time, and I wanted to take every opportunity to see my favourite flower around the city.
One of the spots the city puts in tulips is in front of Moscow State University. The view was just as pretty as I remembered. 


Who are we kidding though, you could put tulips in front of a wall and I'd still love them. Favourite flower since first grade, when I was 7.
Back on the metro, to a house museum near school. Unfortunately when I got there I found a sign on the gate saying it was closed for renovation. I didn't see a date on the sign, so who knows how long the closure is for.
I'll try again next year to see a house in which Chekov lived for a while.



No comments: