23 May 2019

russia: moscow: krasnopresnaya park



Even though I've got a guidebook specifically for Moscow, many of the things I see around Moscow are found through social media. Krasnopresnaya Park is probably not a park I would normally have visited, as it isn't all that big, nor is it very famous.


The reason I decided to visit the park is because of something small, to be found all over the park.
Several trees around the park have small paintings of fairytales, painted on the tree trunks themselves. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it's pretty neat.


The social media post that had let me know about the existence of these paintings also had a map showing me where each of the trees is located around the park. 


When I first arrived at the park I thought it would be easy to pick out the right trees, but that wasn't the case at all, thank goodness for the map! Very thoughtful of whoeva put the post together, instead of me ending up wandering all over the park and getting frustrated.


Krasnopresnaya Park was founded in 1932, something about the landscape and gardening art of the 18th and 19th centuries. I'll be honest, I found the park pretty boring, except for the trees. There is seasonal decoration during the winter, but it still isn't anything to write home about. 


And the statue of Lenin, in one corner of the park. I wonder if I'll ever be able to say I've seen all the Lenin statues in Moscow.

No comments: