13 November 2019

russia: moscow: touring Tuesday



It seems Moscow has a never ending 'supply' of Lenin statues. I hope to see all of them, but I don't know if such a goal is reachable. I don't even know if they're all marked on the map. On this Tuesday afternoon I decided to knock one of them off the list.
It wasn't exciting, as Lenin statues are almost never 'exciting' but I saw it, and took the photo to prove it. Maybe one day I'll write a blog post with nothing but Lenin photos. 


As I walked back to the metro station I noticed a church, so I ducked inside there to see what the inside looked like, just because I could. Why walk past a church if I don't have to?
Once I got back on the metro, I rode to the station closest to Pokrovsky Monastery. My last visit to the monastery ended up being 'foiled' by long queues of people waiting to go inside the churches, I was hoping this visit would be different.


Unfortunately, it wasn't any different this time. There were more queues, argh. I have no idea why. Is it a Tuesday thing? Or did I just get unlucky and choose two Tuesdays that were holidays/celebrations I didn't know about?


On the way back I noticed a sign on the gates of the retro transportation museum that said the museum was still closed for renovation. I didn't even see a date on the sign, so who knows when that will open again.Mostly a failure day in terms of seeing anything, argh.



No comments: