27 November 2019

russia: moscow: arbat and dom melnikov

I've been slacking quite a bit on my Tuesday afternoon exploring of Moscow. This Tuesday was no different. I didn't leave school for several hours after class finished, then didn't go very far. 
It gets dark so early that if I don't get moving straightaway then I miss what little light I might have for good photos. 
I walked a couple of the back streets of Arbat, making my way to Dom Melnikov. This was a family home, designed and built by Konstantin Melnikov in the late 1920s.
The house is unique in that it is two cylinders kinda smushed together. I didn't go in, but I've read that there are no straight walls or lines.  The house now belongs to the state, and is open for tours a couple times a week. Obviously, I probably ought to arrange one of those tours one of these days. 

No comments: