01 January 2020

russia: moscow: ice festival at park pobedy



This was the first time in three years I was in Moscow during the two weeks of the annual ice festival at Park Pobedy.


I didn't originally intend to be in Moscow at all during my holiday break, but that's what happened when I got around to booking trains and planes.


You could barely call this winter in Moscow this year. We've had very little snow, and temperatures have been something like 10 degrees warmer than usual.


I have no idea how they kept the ice sculptures from melting, since they weren't indoors.
What was indoors was a series of sand sculptures.


There was also a chick wearing a costume of I don't know what.


As I visited not too long after dark, on a Tuesday, I paid 350 rubles for entry.


I love ice festivals. Even when they're lame (like the 'Ice Fantasy' Claire and I saw in St Petersburg a couple years ago,) I still love them.



No comments: