09 October 2019

russia: moscow: moscow city stairs and moscow central circle



A touring Tuesday afternoon knocking a couple random places in Moscow off my list. The first was a church I've walked past heaps of times, near one entrance of Ploshchad Revolutsii metro station. 


After the church, I walked to Red Square, which was hosting a fall festival. It was quite lame compared to other festivals I've seen in this city. Basically a few spots with cute Instagram type backgrounds for people to take photos, and a few stalls selling 'traditional' food. 


Moscow City is a business district of Moscow, there are plenty of skyline photos of the area. I'd seen a photo on social media of a small amphitheatre in this area, I wanted to see it for myself. 


The weather was good, it was early fall so the few trees I saw were starting to change colour, and were beautiful.I know I've written this in previous posts, but one of my goals while living in Moscow is to see every metro station.


There are two circle metro lines, I'd already seen the inner one, the brown line. This time I rode the entire way around the Moscow Central Circle (MCC) but wasn't as impressed as I usually am when touring metro stations.


Nearly all the stations on this line were outdoors, and quite similar to commuter train stations I've seen in other countries. Definitely not the excellence I'm used to seeing in Moscow.



No comments: