28 October 2019

russia: moscow: VDNKh ekowalk



This was a quick Saturday outing on a day when I had almost no motivation to do anything, or go anywhere. I'm not sure why, as I usually want to see everything and everywhere on a weekend, but that definitely didn't happen this weekend.


Social media had showed me photos of a newly opened 'ekowalk' in VDNKh. It's basically a raised wooden walkway in one corner of the property of the entire complex.
Getting there took a fair amount of walking, after a metro ride. Lucky me decided to go out there on a day with gray skies and some rain, but there were still plenty of people out and about. I'll admit I'd hoped the crappy weather would keep people at home, and out of my photos, but no such luck.


The photos I got without many people were after a lot of waiting, as it seemed everyone and their mother wanted an Instagram worthy photo on this new walkway. I guess that's how social media works these days.
I knew almost immediately that I'd have to come back another day for that kind of photo for myself, and it would probably have to be a weekday.


After walking the full length of the walkway I walked through the main part of VDNKh, seeing a few buildings I hadn't seen before. I'm glad Moscow was one of the host cities for the World Cup tournament 18 months ago, as some of these buildings had finally been updated, after being covered by scaffolding for quite a while.



No comments: