06 October 2019

russia: moscow: park dubky on a fall weekend

I came back to Moscow at the end of August, and immediately went back to my habit of traveling and exploring every weekend. After several weekends of going out of town, I decided to stay in Moscow for a weekend.

Go figure, the weather was not good most of the weekend, so I didn't get out to see very much at all. In fact, I only left my flat for a little over three hours during the entire weekend. Whoops!

In previous posts I think I've mentioned the beauty of fall in Russia. There are heaps of trees and forested areas, so the rainbow of colours in fall is awesome. The season came a little earlier than last year, many of the trees have already changed colours, and some have even dropped their leaves.

I saw a post on social media not too long ago talking about places in Moscow to take pretty fall pictures, and one of the places mentioned was Park Dubky. I hadn't been to this park previously, so it seemed like as good a choice as any for somewhere new to go.

It was easy to take the metro to a nearby station, then walk to the park. On the way to the park I passed a wooden church, which looked pretty new. The wood was still very clean, and just looked new. There was no place for me to step back a bit and take a photo of the entire church, oh well.
I'm glad I decided to go to Park Dubky when I did. When I got there I realized nearly all the trees were all yellowish/orange. Waiting another week would've meant fall colours were gone.

I noticed an outdoor gym in one area, there were a few people working out in the chilly weather. Nearby I saw a small hill, with stairs going up to the top. I'm not sure why such a small hill exists in the city, but oh well.

Further into the park I came to two small ponds. They weren't particularly beautiful by themselves, but they both had nice reflections of the nearby fall trees. I was thrilled, even more so when I saw that there weren't other people in the frames of the photos I wanted to take.

After enjoying the ponds a bit, I walked out the other side of the park. There were a couple sets of tram tracks with fall coloured trees on either side of the tracks. It turns out the social media post I'd seen had been right about this being a good place to take photos.
It was a short outing, but a nice one.


No comments: